In 1860, the Viennese goldsmith Johann Stanislaus Nepomuk Kühn founded a silversmith's shop in the heart of the old Staufer town of Schwäbisch Gmünd. In 1886 this was taken over by his sons Emil and Gustav, which led them from then on under the new name Gebrüder Kühn. A flourishing company quickly developed, whose products bore the unicorn as a hallmark - the heraldic animal of Schwäbisch Gmünd.
In 1984, Sonja Quandt took over the silver workshops and moved with the studio in the district Strassdorf. Since then, silver has been made in the traditional forge for the whole world.